Sigma Alpha Iota was founded on June 12, 1903
at the University School of Music at Ann Arbor Michigan.
We were founded by seven wonderful women:
• Mary Storrs Andersen
• Elizabeth Campbell
• Francis Caspari
• Nora Crane Hunt
• Leila Farlin Laughlin
• Georgina Potts
• Minnie Davis Sherrill
THE PURPOSES OF SIGMA ALPHA IOTA (FUFGOSA)
• TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have
a sincere interest in music.
• TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
• TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
• TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
• TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing
factor to their educational growth.
• TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member’s Alma Mater;
• TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
ABOUT OUR CHAPTER:
The name of our chapter is KAPPA OMEGA
We are found in province GAMMA B
Our Province officers name is BETH LOPEZ
The other college chapters in our province are:
• Northwestern – Beta
• Northern Illinois University – Beta Mu
• Augustana – Delta Tau
• Vandercook – Lambda Delta
The locations of the Alumnae chapters in our province are:
• Oak Park
OUR EXECUTIVE BOARD
President – Lisa Pedersen
Vice President of Membership – Mary Thompson
Vice President of Ritual – Jennifer Seiler
Recording Secretary – Michealeena Cairo
Corresponding Secretary – Kelly Thelen
Treasurer – Brianna Harris
Sergeant at Arms – Rebecca Tannahill